Monday, January 30, 2012

Drugstore Lipsticks

Gosh.. It's been raining non stop here in Indo. It's just impossible to take good quality pics outdoor. 


Anyway, I went shopping last saturday, and found a good deal for maybelline lipsticks. They are 45% off. So, I picked up a bunch of them. 


I'm in a lipstick and nail polish horde. I never did a nail polish haul because I'm too lazy to do the swatches. I don't like putting on and removing nail polish over and over again. It's just too much work. 



There are one MUFE and 3 revlons as well. so here it goes.

1. Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in Folk



This is part of a collection (I'm not sure which, but I think it's the boho collection or bohemian). It's quite sheer being a rouge artist natural. To tell you the truth, i don't like the special packaging. It doesn't look sleek and nice like their usual packaging. It just look tacky to me. 

2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Blushing Mauve (460)



Revlon is probably the drugstore brand i'll go to when i'm looking for lipsticks. They are very pigmented and not drying. I can't wait for the lip butter to come in. It's supposed to be around feb-march. YAY!

3. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink In The Afternoon (415)



A really nice pinky nude colour. I feel like there is a lot of misconception about nude lips. I don't think that nude is super pale almost skin tone colour (like ex: MAC creme de nude). I think the best nude is something that is one to two shade lighter than your natural lip colour, not skin colour. 

4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Wild Orchid (457)



Okay, the pics are not doing justice for this lipstick. This is like a gorgeous orchid colour with a ton of blue and purple iridescent sparkles. So gorgeous. I don't own anything like this and that's saying a lot, considering my 158 lipstick collection (I really have to stop buying lipsticks!).


Moving on to the Maybelline's 

5. Maybelline Color Sensational in Cosy Tangerine (C31)



6. Maybelline Color Sensational in Coral Pearl (CP02)



7. Maybelline Color Sensational in Nude Pearl (BP03)


8. Maybelline Color Sensational in Toffee Cream (B43)



9. Maybelline Color Sensational in Loving Red (RM41)





So, If i have to choose, i'll say i love the revlons' more than the maybellines'. But, that's solely because of the packaging. Revlon's packaging is sleeker and it has some weight, where as the maybelline's is kinda light and feels cheap. In terms of the consistency, i find that both are pigmented and gildes on easily. I don't think they are scented. It's not a big deal for me, but maybe some of you would like to know. 

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. specially the maybelline's which is about SGD 2.50 each after discount. 

I hope your days are better than my gloomy rain days. 

Love,

Couture MACqueen 


2 comments:

  1. lovely shades!!! great haul! i wish they would go on sale here...


    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete